Monday, September 5, 2011

A poem from moi...


THE SEAGULL


As I wandered along the windswept shore, on this cold and lonely night, my step was halted by a screech, twas a Seagull in full flight. 
As white as an angel up on high, racing back and forth across the sky.  She then did a loop, stormed up in the air, then flew back down, without the slightest of care.
Once more she shrilled, as if talking to the sea, in a tone of voice reminiscent of the Banshee.  Across the cliffs she let fly, out of sight in the twinkling of an eye. 

How I wish I could fly like a bird, dashing across every continent in the world.  At sight of a fish I would dive, a happy life without the nine to five.  No bills to pay or house to clean, on some rocky outpost I would lean.  Wondering where next I would go, I’d then thrust my wings and set off in full flow. 

No comments: